OsmSharp is a C# library to work with OpenStreetMap (OSM) data.
If you are here for route planning, check Itinero!
What can I do with OsmSharp?
OsmSharp enables you to work directly with OSM-data in .NET. Most important features are:
- Read/Write OSM-XML.
- Read/Write OSM-PBF.
- Streamed architecture, minimal memory footprint.
- Convert a stream of native OSM objects to ‘complete’ OSM objects: Ways with all their actual nodes, Relations with all members instantiated.
- Convert OSM objects to geometries.
For more information visit the repository on github or start reading the documentation (yes, that’s right there is documentation and even some samples!)
OsmSharp used to do everything on top of what it does today, including routing and rendering geo data. This was too much and the name OsmSharp didn’t make sense anymore. Now the old functionality has been replaced by several seperate projects:
- OsmSharp: Working with OSM-data, filtering, transforming.
- Itinero: The routing project is now maintained under the name Itinero.
- UI: This UI and rendering project has not been replaced. Instead we recommend using Mapsui.
We can always help you with projects using OsmSharp, Itinero or Mapsui. Email ben - at - osmsharp.com for more information.